As a starter, let us have your views on our below draft Labour Manifesto for Social Work 2015.
Help us fill in the details around your particular area of concern or expertise.
- A Labour government will take urgent steps to repair the damage inflicted by the coalition on the life chances and quality of life of adults and children struggling to get by.
- A Labour government will value social work as a public service profession, whose members seek creatively to meet the needs of adults and children living through difficult times.
- A Labour government will reestablish coherence to the democratic and participatory structures for providing social work services, combining the best of public, and third sector provision.
- A Labour government will maximize the funding available to locality-based decision-makers and social work teams, and make standards for employers of social workers mandatory.
- A Labour government will require all third sector-provided social work and social care services to be registered and inspected and will conduct a thorough review to ensure that OFSTED and CQC systems and inspectors have the confidence and respect of those whose work they are inspecting.
- A Labour government will build on the progress made by the Social Work Task Force to strengthen social work qualifying and post-qualifying education and training, and ensure a fair and adequate funding regime for all social work students.